Saturday, February 28, 2015

Lagniappe February 28, 2015


  • Even though I spent January in South Florida, I'm still getting tired of this cold weather. Something is not right when you start to thing that double digits is "pretty warm"!!
  • Wild Man's kitten, Rory, gets declawed and spayed tomorrow. I'm pretty glad about the declawing part. Rory has not been destroying furniture, but she has been using her claws to terrorize Sophie (Rosie Girl's cat).
  • I'm missing homeschooling (more on that another time). I'm not missing the schooling as much as the "home" part. Wild Man is gone all day for school, then practice and/or work after school. Patrick, Wild Man and I went out for dinner Thursday night just because we had an evening together.
  • It's getting to be that time again. Yep, Botox! The countdown has begun. We're at 8 days right now, and my head is feeling it.
  • I just finished reading The Rosie Effect. The main character is a very organized, obsessive-type university professor. The story takes place in Australia, so all the characters have Australian accents in my head except for the main character. He sounds like Sheldon from The Big Bang Theory.
  • I started making beer-cheese soup on Tuesday, but it separated on me. Ick! I'll probably try again tomorrow or Monday.
  • Monday is Parent-Teacher day at the high school. PWM will be working all day, of course, but Wild Man likes me to come in and talk to his teachers. Last time, I had a migraine and only was able to talk to a few teachers. Here's praying for a better time this week. (And, isn't it cool that Wild Man likes me to come in to talk to his teachers??)
  • I've been meditating on worry and Matthew 6:25-34. More on that in another post.
So, what's up with you?

No comments: